This module is purely dedicated to looking at what Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) is, the reasons why communities continue to support FGM as well as the legal aspects.
The purpose of this module is to help you:
- Understand what the terms involved in FGM abuse refer to;
- Become aware of how and why the abuse occurs;
- Recognise the children and groups of women who are most at risk;
- Understand the legal position regarding intervention;
- Recognise the warning signs that a child is at risk;
- Understand your role in helping to recognise and prevent signs that abuse is likely to occur.
Date Saturday 1 April 2017 to Sunday 31 March 2019
Web Book this course