We believe that training and workforce development is essential to help protect children and young people in Torbay. We organise a range of different training events and online learning and work with a framework based on the intercollegiate document.
There is a variety of training on offer from the TSCP to support the children and young people's workforce to safeguard children and young people and we're developing closer links with the Torbay Safeguarding Adults Board Opens in a new window (TSAB).
We can offer you the level 3 multi-agency courses you require for staff who work closely with children, young people and their families and who make decisions as to whether to make a referral to the Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub or completing Early Help Assessments. These courses cost out and you have some choices in the level you wish to pay. You can access training through the i-Learn Opens in a new window website.
Further resources have been collated to further develop practitioners in their knowledge and understanding of specific topics. Please see the Learning and Development Training Resources page.
As you know, back on 28th February we launched our six week programme of events focussing on Learning from Child Safeguarding Practice Reviews, which concluded today. We hope you have found them informative. The weekly programmes highlighted topics of Child and Young People’s Mental Health, Recognition of Abuse and Neglect, Healthy Relationships, Pursuing Allegations, Ways to Protect and Working with Those Who Have Been Harmed.
Many of the live sessions have been recorded, and recordings are available on the respective course pages. I’ve highlighted some of these below.
- Mental Health Initiatives in Schools Course: Mental Health Initiatives in Schools (learningpool.com)
- Role of the Sexual Abuse Referral Centre Course: The Role of the Sexual Abuse Referral Centre (SARC) (learningpool.com)
- Best Practice Forum Recognising Abuse and Neglect: Course: Best Practice Forum: Recognition of Abuse and Neglect (learningpool.com)
- Young People, Self-Harm and Suicide – A Public Health Perspective: Course: Young People, Self-Harm and Suicide - a Public Health Perspective (learningpool.com)
- Working with Childhood Trauma: Course: Working with Childhood Trauma (learningpool.com)
The six weekly programmes remain available to be browsed via the landing page here: https://torbay.learningpool.com/course/index.php?categoryid=189 containing links to resources and other learning opportunities.