This module looks at honour based violence and in particular, forced marriage.
This awareness raising module is aimed at:
- Anyone who works with children and young people.
- Anyone who comes into contact with children and young people as part of their role.
The purpose of this e-learning module is to help you:
- Recognise the prevalence of honour based violence.
- Understand the concept of ‘honour’.
- Identify the motives behind the violence.
- Recognise the signs and indicators of honour based violence in children and young people at risk.
- Understand the legal position regarding intervention.
- Understand your role in helping to recognise signs that honour based abuse is likely to occur.
Date Saturday 1 April 2017 to Saturday 31 March 2018
Web Book this course