Torbay Safeguarding Children Partnership

Keeping children safe - Your right to know.

The child sex offender disclosure scheme allows members of the public - whether parents, carers and guardians or another interested party to formally ask the police to tell them if someone has a record for child sexual offences.  This is commonly known as 'Sarah's Law'.

The aim of this scheme is to keep children safer.

More information about the scheme including downloadable leaflets is available on the Home Office website.

How to ask for a check

To actually make an application, you will need to visit your Police - Find Team Opens in a new window in person. At the police station, you will need to:

• show some ID, for example your passport or driving licence
• tell the police what your relationship to the child is
• say why you want to have this particular person checked

If you think a child is in immediate danger, always call the police on 999.

Share this page: Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Google+ Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn Share on StumbleUpon Share on Delicious Share on Reddit Print this page | Listen to the website